Chesapeake Bay Retrievers have an interesting background and many stories have been written about the breed. Here, you will find a small collection of articles and stories that I have found. Please take a moment and read through them.
If you are wondering whether a Chesapeake Bay Retriever is right for you, I recommend reading these two articles first: Don’t Buy a Chessie and Chessies Aren’t For Everyone. If, after reading these two articles, you are still wondering if a Chessie is right for you, feel free to contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m happy to discuss the breed with you and help you make an informed decision for you and your family.
- Don’t Buy a Chessie
- Chessies Aren’t For Everyone
- Where have all the Chessies gone?
- The Chesapeake Bay Retriever Vivacious & Versatile
- Field & Stream Magazine Article
- A Charmed Life
- The Chesapeake Bay Retriever by M.J. Nelson
- The Chesapeake Bay Retriever by Gary Koehler
- Raising Kayla
- The All-American Chessie
Below, is a list of books and stories written about the breed. If you know of others that should be added to the list, please let me know.
- The Complete Chesapeake Bay Retriever: Eloise Heller Cherry
- Batfishing in the Rainforest: Randy Wayne White
- Dara: Autobiography of a Chesapeake Bay Retriever: Lolo Sarnoff
- Life with Grover A Cheapeake Bay Retriever: Alexander Crosby Brown
- Iron Men and their Dogs: Ferdinand C. Latrobe
- The New Complete Chesapeake Bay Retriever: Dr. Daniel Horn & Janet Horn
- Chesapeake Bay Retriever Champions, 1988 – 2000: Jan Linzy
- Chesapeake Bay Retariever Champions, 2001 – 2005: Jan Linzy
- A History of the Chesapeake Bay Retriever: Eloise Heller (1967 – a rare find)